• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … June 13, 2019 … REGISTRATION CLOSED … Thank you to everyone who registered for our events. We are closing registration for the 2019 Farmers’ Market and Ridgeway Summer Festival. Vendors who wish to be placed on a waiting list for 2020 can request this. Registrations are now open for Ridgeway Fall Festival, Saturday, October 5, 2019 (click here).
Ridgeway Farmers Market: email@example.com
Ridgeway Summer Festival: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … June 11, 2019 … The 29th Ridgeway Summer Festival is the place to be on Friday, July 5th, Saturday, July 6 & Sunday, July 7th.
Welcome to the 29th Ridgeway Summer Festival. This event focuses on family fun and provides entertainment for the whole family. The festival features 75+ artisans, entertainment stages, Kids Zone, fabulous eats provided by downtown restaurants and street vendors to give you a taste of what Ridgeway has to offer. There are pony rides, magicians, clowns, a peddler’s alley, direct sales & commercial vendors, not for profit groups and each morning a pancake breakfast is served on site by the Ridgeway Lions Club.
Epic Eagles Tribute In Concert – An Evening of The Eagles. Kick off the Ridgeway Summer Festival Friday (July 5) evening with Canada’s Definitive Eagles Tribute Band performing the Greatest Hits of The Eagles. Taking place in Downtown Ridgeway, this is a free event and is presented by RCB Kin Hall.
On Saturday morning the festival runs alongside the Ridgeway Farmers’ Market and Art by the Market in the downtown core with 60+ vendors to visit. The market hours are 8:00am-1:00pm featuring fresh farm products and showcasing the artwork of Niagara’s South Coast.
On Saturday evening the street of downtown Ridgeway will be jammed with music lovers as the party continues in the Village Square featuring live music with Split Second from 7:00-11:00pm. “Street Eats” and local restaurants will be open for your convenience. Ridgeway offers outstanding dining options throughout the year. Enjoy all that historic downtown Ridgeway has to offer. Visit the great boutiques, shops, spas, eateries & services.
On Sunday, a huge car show takes place with well over 400+ vintage and classic cars from around the Region. Show hours are 9:00am-3:00pm. Registration is on-site.
Fort Erie Historical Museum will be joining the Ridgeway Summer Festival (July 6&7) with an exciting new display featuring Crystal Beach Amusement Park. Feed Leo the Lion, get your picture taken in a Laff in the Dark car or in front of a mirror from the Magic Palace. These and other artifacts from the park will be on display during the festival. The Museum’s outdoor midway will feature free games for all ages. Come and share your memories, vote for your favourite ride, watch a video of the park, and jitterbug or jive in a tiny recreation of the Crystal Ballroom. A new Crystal Beach Park photo book and t-shirts will also be featured. Free admission to the Museum exhibits. Fort Erie Historical Museum is located at 402 Ridge Rd.N., Ridgeway.
Ridgeway Summer Festival’s Wrap Up Party is hosted by the Ridgeway Legion Branch #230, 228 South Mill Street beginning at 4:00pm. All are welcome and the party goes rain or shine. This years’ entertainers are Howling Horns and refreshments will be available throughout the party.
This years’ entertainment lineup includes;
- Saturday … Bag of Hats (noon-1:00)
- Saturday … Best Behaviour (1:30-2:30)
- Saturday … Strange Tendency (3:00-4:30)
- Saturday … Sunset Rebels (5:00-6:30)
- Saturday … Amber Reigns (7:00-8:00)
- Saturday … Split Second (Street Dance) (8:30-11:30)
- Sunday … The Procrastinators (noon-1:30)
- Sunday … The Moonlighters (2:00-3:30)
- Sunday … Rebekah Stevens (4:00-5:30)
- Sunday … Howling Horns (4:00 at Ridgeway Legion)
Street Festival Hours:
- Friday, July 5th 7:00-11:30pm Concert on the Square, Village Square featuring Epic Eagles (9:00-11:30) and opening act, Guilty Pleasures (7:00-8:30)
- Saturday, July 6th 10:00am-11:00pm
- Sunday, July 7th 10:00am-4:00pm
Many Thanks To Our Generous Sponsors & Supporters:
- Ridgeway Business Improvement Area (RBIA)
- Fortis Canadian Niagara Power
- Tim Horton’s
- Brock University
- D.W.Howard Realty
- CIBC Mobile – Joanne Cirillo, Mobile Mortgage Advisor
- Employment Professionals Canada
- Fort Erie Economic Development & Tourism Corporation
- Trailside Bar & Grill
- Rich Products of Canada Ltd.
- Blythwood Homes
- RBC Ridgeway
- 91.7 Giant FM & Country 89
- Town of Fort Erie Facilities & Properties staff
- Town of Fort Erie Community Development staff
- Fort Erie Museum (Ridgeway)
- Brad Brunton
- Marge Ott (Broker, Royal Lepage NRC Realty)
Contact: Ridgeway Business Improvement Area (RBIA), Ridge Road, Ridgeway, Ontario, L0S 1N0
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RidgewayFestivalAndEvents
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … June 9, 2019 … Spirit Drumming – “Awaken the Mystery” – June 13th. The first outdoor circle of the year takes place at 7:00pm at the Ridgeway Battlefield Park on the North side of Hwy 3 just East Ridge Rd N, Ridgeway. Awakening the Mystery transforms the ordinary into the extraordinary and is about awakening your sense of curiosity and wonder. Please bring something to sit on, drums and/or noise makers (there will be extra to share if needed), a bottle of water and a suggested donation of $10. Generosity policy applies pay what you can.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … June 6, 2019 … FEAC Kids Make’n Take Workshop – June 6th. Fort Erie Arts Council hosts 2 hours of art fun featuring painting, print making, mixed media and more. Workshops take place at The Hub, 246 Ridge Rd.N., Downtown Ridgeway from 10:00am-noon. Cost is only $15 per student and all materials are included. Pre-registration is required. Contact: email@example.com.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … June 5, 2019 … 6th Annual Rock & Rescue Benefit – June 8th. Last chance Horse and Pony Rescue & Sanctuary invites you to join them for a great day of non-stop music, food & bar, silent auction and door prizes. Among this year’s featured artists; Neo Young Band Unplugged, Tim Hebert & Borderline, Niagara’s Newest Jules & the Bluecasters, Patsy & The Muscle, Max Hillier, the Duo of Giancarlo & Andrew Scarfone, John Navarroll and Spencer MacKenzie. Rock & Rescue takes place from 2:00-9:00pm at Crystal Ridge Community Centre, 99 Ridge Rd.S., Crystal Beach. For tickets call 289-876-9441.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … June 4, 2019 … 6th Annual Marafiki Benefit Concert – Get Your Funk On with LMT Connection – June 8, 2019. Have fun and support a great cause at the same time. The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts hosts the 6th Annual Marafiki benefit concert supporting the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign – assisting African grandmothers in their daily commitment to raising millions of children orphaned by Aids & their fight for social justice. The evening runs from 7:00pm-11:00pm at The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts, 209 Ridge Rd.N., Downtown Ridgeway. Tickets $30. Click here for more information.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … June 3, 2019 … Fort Erie Historical Museum will be joining the Ridgeway Summer Festival (July 6&7) with an exciting new display featuring Crystal Beach Amusement Park. Feed Leo the Lion, get your picture taken in a Laff in the Dark car or in front of a mirror from the Magic Palace. These and other artifacts from the park will be on display during the festival. The Museum’s outdoor midway will feature free games for all ages. Come and share your memories, vote for your favourite ride, watch a video of the park, and jitterbug or jive in a tiny recreation of the Crystal Ballroom. A new Crystal Beach Park photo book and t-shirts will also be featured. Free admission to the Museum exhibits. Fort Erie Historical Museum is located at 402 Ridge Rd.N., Ridgeway.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … May 31, 2019 … Lakeside Books & Art is inviting you to join them at the shop for a couple of special events over the weekend. This evening, meet local authors R.L.Manson and Tady Saczkowski as they present their latest novel – Two Women One River which will take you back to 1918 along the Niagara River and explore the genius of Nikola Tesla in this epic blend of historical and futuristic fiction. This event is free and takes place from 5:00-7:00pm. As seating is limited you are asked to register in advance by calling 289-876-9618.
Tomorrow, the Hall Gallery at Lakeside Books & Art is proud to show the work of local artist Susan Lott. Stop in for a visit from 2:00-4:00pm and meet the artist. Susan allows the paint to flow and direct ,as layer upon layer evolves into one of her stunning abstract paintings. Her work will be on display during the entire month of June. Please call Karin for more info at 289-876-9618.
Lakeside Books & Art is located at 341 Ridge Rd.N., Ridgeway.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … May 28, 2019 … Well, that was a fun weekend – thanks to the Sanctuary Centre for the Arts & Brimstone Brewing for another amazing Albino Rhino Craft Beer Festival! Next up on the event schedule is this year’s 29th Ridgeway Summer Festival. Taking place July 6th & 7th, the Ridgeway Summer Festival is a weekend of family fun, entertainment, a Kids Zone, artisan, artist and craft vendors, car show, live music, street eats plus fabulous food provided by downtown restaurants and street vendors to give you a taste of what Ridgeway has to offer! Kicking off the festival this year is RBC Kin’s Friday night (5th) concert featuring the ‘Epic Eagles Tribute In Concert – An Evening of The Eagles’. Keep an eye on this page for updates as we get closer to the dates.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … May 23, 2019 … What a great weekend to look forward to. Along with the Albino Rhino Beer Festival Saturday and The Good Brothers on Friday (see below), Saturday marks the Grand Re-Opening of Bay Beach. On from 11:00am-4:00pm, visit the new Bay Beach for the official ribbon cutting, the first annual professional sand castle competition, magician, balloon animal makers, face painting, DJ and more. This is a family friendly event and will be your first chance to experience this amazing beach transformation!
As part of the festivities, the First Annual Bay Beach Sand Castle Competition will take place. This competition is open to pros (have previously competed in a professional event) and to non professionals (family/groups). This event will begin at 9:00am and judging will be at 2:00 with awards at 3:00pm. First prize for the professionals is $500 cash and first prize for the family/group is a $100 gift certificate to South Coast. If you are looking for a great way to spend a day on the beach come out and try your hand at building a sand sculpture! For any professionals interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … May 22, 2019 … The 6th Annual Albino Rhino Beer Festival – May 25th. It’s the most wonderful time of the year!! Discover the fare of over 30 breweries and 6+ artisan food vendors at The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts. A portion of Ridge Road by The Sanctuary will be partially closed to allow enough space for all the vendors (inside and outside). Tickets are available at ticketscene (click here for tickets & info) and Brimstone Brewing Company. The event will run from 11am to 7pm and is a strictly 19+ event (please bring identification). All proceeds from the festival will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House of South Central Ontario. The Sanctuary is located at 209 Ridge Rd.N., Downtown Ridgeway.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … May 21, 2019 … The Good Brothers Live at The Sanctuary – May 24th. Ohboyohboyohboy!! 8 Horse Music proudly presents Canadian country music legends The Good Brothers live at The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts. Winners of 8 Juno awards and Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame inductees, for forty-five years The Good Brothers have kept the flame burning and the music going. The songs still come straight from their hearts to your tapping toes and the smile on your face. Doors open at 7:00pm and the event will get underway around 7:30pm. Tickets are $45.00 + service fee. Click here for tickets & info. The Sanctuary is located at 209 Ridge Rd.N., Downtown Ridgeway.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … May 20, 2019 … Epic Eagles Tribute In Concert – An Evening of The Eagles – July 5th. We’re so excited as we get ready for our annual Ridgeway Summer Festival which is only weeks away. Kick off RidgeFest with Canada’s Definitive Eagles Tribute Band performing the Greatest Hits of The Eagles. Featuring Dean Young, the former Lead Vocalist of ‘Hotel California – The Original Eagles Tribute’, back in the saddle again with an all-star cast. “You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave……”. Taking place in Downtown Ridgeway, this is a free event and is presented by RCB Kin Hall. The 29th Ridgeway Summer Festival takes place July 6th & 7th and is a weekend of family fun, entertainment, Kids Zone, artisans, artists and craft vendors, car show, live music, street eats plus fabulous food provided by downtown restaurants and street vendors to give you a taste of what Ridgeway has to offer!
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … May 16, 2019 … Art By The Market, Saturdays in Downtown Ridgeway. This is the 7th season for this growing art event, “Art by the Market”. The Art Market takes place on Saturday mornings throughout the spring, summer and fall in downtown Ridgeway.
The Ridgeway Business Improvement Area (RBIA) is sponsoring organization and is running this art event in conjunction with the Farmers’ Market in downtown Ridgeway. The Art Market is now open, weather permitting due to the nature of handmade items and artist’s work, there may be some Saturdays where it is not possible to set up. Hours are 8:00am-1:00pm now until closing day Saturday, October 19, 2019. Vendors will be located along the Friendship Trail, mixed in with market vendors and now in the Village Square. Over 30 Niagara South vendors participating in the Art Market.
Here are some of the full-time vendors you can expect to see at the 2019 Art Market.
- J.’s Creations, Crystal Beach
- BarkArt Design, Ridgeway
- Connie’s Handmade, Fort Erie
- CherryCro, Thorold
- Mug Shots, Crystal Beach
- Earthtone Products, Fort Erie
- Hey It’s Mache, Ridgeway
- Iron Cowgirl Designs, Niagara on the Lake
- Tania’s Creations, Ridgeway
- Tracey’s Fashion Designs & Jewellery, Ridgeway
- Mir Creations, St. Catharines
- Ole Farm Photography, Ridgeway
- Redwood Pottery, Ridgeway
- Rustic Woodworking, Crystal Beach
- Shore Breeze Crafters, Crystal Beach
- Simply Vintage, Welland
- Soothing Petals, Fonthill
- Sumac Hill Creations, Port Colborne
- The Knotted Elephant, Ridgeway
- To Dye For, Fort Erie
- VPF Valarie Portier-Forrester, Crystal Beach
- Wood Signs by Jen, Fort Erie
Day Vendors (attend on occasion)
- Aleksandra Jewellery, Crystal Beach
- I CANTER Artisan Network, Ridgeway
- Sandy’s Soaps, Crystal Beach
- Terry Perrault Wood Creations, Ridgeway
For more information about Art by the Market:
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … May 7, 2019 … Its Farmers’ Market Season Again! Ridgeway Market Opens May 11th! Genuine local farmers will be at the Ridgeway Farmers’ Market selling farm-fresh foods every Saturday from 8:00am-1:00pm now thru closing day Saturday, October 19!
It’s a sure sign of spring when Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is open for the season, delighting residents and visitors with just-picked produce, farm specialties like baked goods, maple syrup, honey, VQA wines, plus friendly, knowledgeable advice on how to prepare, store and enjoy their products.
The farmers’ market experience is uniquely rewarding. It not only brings the city and the country together; it also brings friends and neighbours together. And although farmers’ market foods are terrific, food isn’t the only reason to love the market. It’s a fun place to be – a great place to hang out, taste new things, learn new things and teach your kids about where their foods really come from.Keep an eye out for the real heroes of any farmers’ market: vendors who are MyPick® Verified Local Farmers®.
Whether you’re shopping at our local market or at any other farmers’ market, look for vendors displaying the MyPick® logo. It’s your guarantee that a vendor displaying the logo is a real local farmer. Their farm has been visited by Farmers’ Markets Ontario® inspector who has confirmed that the vendor is truly a local farmer who sells only what he or she grows or produces on his/her own farm. To find out more about the MyPick® program, visit mypick.ca. Buy from MyPick® Verified Local Farmers® to enjoy farm-fresh foods made close to home while supporting local agriculture. That way, we can continue to celebrate the start of the farmers’ market season every year for many, many years to come.
For more information about Ridgeway Farmers’ Market:
- Mary-Lou Ambrose-Little, Market & Events
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … May 7, 2019 … Autism and Cystic Fibrosis Benefit at People’s Memorial United Church Ridgeway (May 14th). It’s dinner and a great cause! Enjoy a buffet dinner in support of Autism awareness and Cystic Fibrosis Canada. It is a free will offering with all money collected going directly to the chosen charities. Call Doryne Levere 905-871-4700 to reserve your space. Only 100 reservations will be taken. People’s Memorial is located at the corner of Ridge & Dominion in Historic Downtown Ridgeway.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … May 3, 2019 … It’s shaping up to be a busy month of May in and around Historic Downtown Ridgeway. It all begins this weekend with;
- Saturday … Open House for artist Val Saari at Lakeside Books & Art. Lakeside Books & Art is proud to show the work of local artist Val Saari during the month of May. Val is a talented artist whose work is illuminating. Visit with Val at Saturday’s open house from 2:00-5:00pm. Lakeside Books & Art is located at 341 Ridge Rd.N., Ridgeway.
- Sunday … Fort Erie Motorcycle Swap Meet. Its that time of the year again – the Fort Erie Swap Meet is back. The largest collection of new, used and abused motorcycle parts in Eastern Canada + prize draws and the annual Canadian National Biker Tear Down. On from 9:00am at Crystal Ridge Arena.Also on the way this month;
- May 11 … Ridgeway Farmers’ Market & Art By The Market,
- May 14 … Autism and Cystic Fibrosis Benefit at People’s Memorial United Church Ridgeway,
- May 24 … The Good Brothers Live at The Sanctuary,
- May 25 … The 6th Annual Albino Rhino Beer Festival 2019,
- May 25 … Crystal Beach March of Umbrellas 2019
- May 26, 2019 … Bay Beach Grand Re-Opening.
Keep an eye on this page for updates on times, locations, etc. See you soon!
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … April 24, 2019 … Lakeside Books & Art is inviting you to join them in welcoming a couple of inspiring guests to the shop. This Friday (Apr.26), stop in from 5:00-7:00pm for an evening with first time novelist Carly Brown as she presents her new thriller, ‘The Celine Bower Story’. This work features a strong female protagonist and chronicles “one woman’s epic journey from a kind, loving veterinarian and assault survivor, to a cunning and dangerous vigilante who will not be satisfied with just taking back the night, she’s taking it all back.”Also ahead, next Saturday (May 4), Lakeside hosts an Open House from 2:00-5:00pm for illuminating local artist Val Saari as part of a month long exhibit at the store.Located in Downtown Ridgeway, Lakeside Books & Art is a wonderful, unique store offering a wide assortment of books for all ages, stationery, high quality toys, games, antiques and distinctive, one of a kind gifts. You’ll find them at 341 Ridge Rd.N.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … April 16, 2019 … Welcome to a busy weekend hunting for Easter Eggs lol. Here’s what is planned for you and your minions this Friday and Saturday. Have fun!!
- April 19, 2019 … Stevensville Kinsmen & Kinette Easter Egg Hunt. This year’s event takes place at the Ball Park on Ott Road and begins at 11:00am sharp. For children under 12 years of age. Bring your own basket. Meet the Easter Bunny, win prizes and enjoy food & refreshments.
- April 19, 2019 … Stevensville Garden Gallery Easter Egg Hunt. Hop by from 9:00am-noon for some family fun as you search for delicious chocolate eggs. Admission is free, however, donations of non-perishable food items to support the local food bank are greatly appreciated. The annual Stevensville Garden Gallery Easter Egg Hunt is recommended for children 8 and under. Located at 2821 Stevensville Rd.
- April 20, 2019 … Easter Egg Hunt – Historic Downtown Ridgeway. It’s time for our annual Downtown Ridgeway Easter Egg Hunt. Join us from 10:00am-noon when you can meet the Easter Bunny, hunt for eggs, and join in the Scavenger Hunt! While you’re here, explore our unique shops, boutiques, eateries and all that Downtown Ridgeway has to offer! Visit HistoricRidgeway.com.
- April 20, 2019 … Crystal Beach Firefighters Association Easter Egg Hunt. Start time is 9:00am at Crystal Beach Waterfront Park. For kids 10 & under. Remember to bring your own baskets. Later on, beginning at 1:00pm, Crystal Beach Firehall presents a free screening of Mary Poppins along with free popcorn & pop. Crystal Beach Firehall is located at 271 Ridgeway Road (Fort Erie Fire Station 6). Doors open at 12:50pm.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … April 14, 2019 … So many things to look forward to over the next few weeks as we inch ever closer to what actually feels like Spring. Coming up this weekend (Apr.20) we have Easter Egg Hunts in Downtown Ridgeway and Crystal Beach. The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts hosts The Carousel Players presentation of “The Incredible Adventures of Mary Jane Mosquito” (Apr.22) and Fort Erie Arts Council’s “Art Battle Fort Erie” (Apr.27). Trailside Bar And Grill presents BoHo Studio’s Art Party Night (Apr.30). The annual Fort Erie Motorcycle Swap Meet (May 5) and and Ridgeway Farmers’ Market & Art By The Market (May 11) are just around the corner. And, rounding out the month of May – The 6th Annual Albino Rhino Beer Festival (May 25). We’ll post more details here as we get closer to these events. It’s going to be a great Spring in Downtown Ridgeway!!
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … April 9, 2019 … Only a month away from the opening weekend of the Ridgeway Farmers’ Market & Art by the Market. It’s a sure sign of summer when Ridgeway Farmers’ Market & Art by the Market open for the season May 11th, delighting residents and visitors with just-picked produce, farm specialties like baked goods, maple syrup, honey, VQA wines, plus friendly, knowledgeable advice on how to prepare, store and enjoy their products. The Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is an outdoor market located along the Friendship Trail in downtown Ridgeway Ontario and is open from 8:00am-1:00pm. The Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is a registered pure Farmers’Market specializing in local farm fresh produce. Art by the Market, meanwhile, showcases local artist and artisans throughout the market season.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … April 2, 2019 … TASC Niagara presents Mamma Mia featuring the music of Abba. This year’s event takes place this weekend and next, April 5,6,12 & 13 at Crystal Ridge Community Centre. Doors open at 5:00pm, dinner at 6:00pm with the show to follow. There will also be door prizes, a raffle, 50/50 draw and more. Dinner theatre tickets are $40 and available at Our Corner Cafe, Boggio & Edwards IDA or call Nancy at 905-894-1768. CRCC is located at 99 Ridge Rd.S.,Ridgeway.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … March 26, 2019 … It’s the best of both worlds – have a great time and help out a worthy cause. This Saturday night (Mar.30) The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts hosts the Stomp On Cancer charity event to benefit local families affected by cancer. There will be live music with Little Blue Roar plus raffles, 50/50 draws, cash bar and dancing. It’s a great venue and a great cause where you can help raise some money for those in need in your community. Tickets available at the door and through Garrison Road school staff or band members. The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts is located at 209 Ridge Road N., Downtown Ridgeway.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … March 20, 2019 … Easter Egg Hunt – Historic Downtown Ridgeway – Saturday, April 20th from 10:00am-noon. It’s time for our annual Downtown Ridgeway Easter Egg Hunt where you can meet the Easter Bunny, hunt for eggs and join in the Scavenger Hunt at Village Square. Basically, it’s bedlam (lol) where age groups; 1-3 years and 4-5 years participate in an egg hunt and 6-10 years participate in a scavenger hunt. Great fun and good treats! Parents, please accompany your children. While you’re here, explore our unique shops, boutiques, eateries and all that Downtown Ridgeway has to offer!
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … March 14, 2019 … This Saturday night (March 16), Bully Free Forever presents Sock Hop Cruise In – The 50’s & 60’s Live Again. Dress up and dance the night away with your favourite hits of the 50’s & 60’s. There will also be a special appearance by Gord McNeil as Elvis. Doors open at 6:00pm and the fun runs from 7:00-11:00pm. Tickets are only $10 at the door. Hosted byRidgeway Legion, 228 South Mill St.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … March 9, 2019 … An Evening of Blues with Spencer Mackenzie – April 5th. Maple Blues Award winner, Spencer Mackenzie returns to the Sanctuary Centre for the Arts. His new album, Cold November, is consistently hitting the top of many Blues charts and is earning rave reviews around the world. He has toured and performed his new album on many major festivals and with his deep, soulful, electrifying true to the Blues sound, he has captivated his audiences. He is looking forward to bringing it back to his home town! Doors open at 7:30 pm, show starts at 8 pm. This show will be mostly seated. The Sanctuary is located at 209 Ridge Rd.N., Downtown Ridgeway. Click here for tickets & info.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … March 4, 2019 … Fort Erie Arts Council is hosting it’s March Break Art Camp March 13-15. Three days of creative fun for kids aged 6 -12 years. Classes run from 9:00am-3:00pm each day at 310 Central Ave., Fort Erie. Admission is $90 per child (discount for FEAC members). Contact: email@example.com 905-894-8373 to register.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … February 27, 2019 … St.Patrick’s Day celebrations begin early this year as St.Lukes Evangelical Lutheran Church invites you to their St.Patrick’s Day Tea on March 9th. Help others in our community and join your friends and family at St.Luke’s for good food and good fellowship . Admission is a bag of food for the food bank or a donation to the Education Foundation of Niagara. Tea runs from 12:00-2:30pm and feature’s sandwiches, scones, pistachio cake, Bailey’s cheesecake and Guinness chocolate cake. St.Luke’s is located at the corner of Disher and Prospect in Downtown Ridgeway
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … February 26, 2019 … This Friday night (March 1st), Fort Erie Arts Council presents Art Battle Fort Erie. 12 artists battle the clock and each other in this exciting live painting competition. 3 rounds – 1 winner voted by the audience. All original artwork is available via silent auction. Cash bar: Brimstone Brewery. Tickets $15 in advance or $20 at the door/ $10 for students. Art Battle Fort Erie is being hosted by The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts, 209 Ridge Rd.N., Downtown Ridgeway. Click here for tickets & info.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … February 24, 2019 … Boutique Week in Historic Downtown Ridgeway. It’s our first annual Boutique Week in Ridgeway – on from Feb.25-Mar.2. Participating stores will have sales and/or refreshments and/or prizes. Come out and see all that Ridgeway has to offer.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … February 20, 2019 … As you get closer to that day when you can walk with your eyes forward instead of staring at the sidewalk, avoiding the wind and hopscotching across ice and snow, you will soon notice a couple of changes to the streetscape. First, before you go into panic-mode, The Kitchen has not disappeared – they’ve simply moved. Is that a collective sigh of relief I hear? You’ll now find The Kitchen located at 335 On The Ridge with it’s same great selection of sammy’s, soups, baked goods and more.And, as we bid a happy retirement to the folks at The Tulip Tree Floral, we now welcome The Mythical Meadow as our local florist. Located at 266 Ridge Rd.N., The Mythical Meadow promises fresh flowers at their best! Heaven scents- everyday florals, weddings and events, plant companions, floralganics to nourish the body and floral harmonies.Now that Crave Local Fresh has officially relocated to team up with LAMA Restaurant at 238 Ridge Rd.N., Brimstone Brewing Company has partnered with FoodSwings Catering to offer an exciting new menu along with custom and creative catering. You’ll find Brimstone and FoodSwings at The Sanctuary, 209 Ridge Rd.N.Hope to see you soon in Historic Downtown Ridgeway. While you’re here, please be sure to visit our unique shops & boutiques, services and amazing downtown eateries.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … February 5, 2019 … Fort Erie Arts Council presents Art Battle Fort Erie March 1st. 12 artists battle the clock and each other in this exciting live painting competition. 3 rounds – 1 winner voted by the audience. All original artwork is available via silent auction. Cash bar: Brimstone Brewery. Tickets $15 in advance or $20 at the door/ $10 for students. Art Battle Fort Erie is being hosted by The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts, 209 Ridge Rd.N., Downtown Ridgeway. Click here for tickets & info
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … February 2, 2019 … If live music is your thing, The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts (209 Ridge Road N., Downtown Ridgeway) has some great nights lined up for you over the next few weeks. Coming up;
February 8, 2019 … Rumourz The Fleetwood Mac Experience at The Sanctuary. Rumourz, the two-time winner of the Buffalo Night Life Music Award for Best Tribute Band brings the live concert experience to the stage for a night of Fleetwood magic! Doors open at 7:30, show will start at 8 pm. There will be limited seating for this show. Click here for tickets & info.
February 22, 2019 … Reuben and The Dark + Mom Said No and Guest. Calgary’s Reuben and the Dark is a collection of five multi-instrumentalists and vocalists led by Reuben Bullock. The group makes chilling, emotive folk and soul driven by dark, introspective lyrics that explore the duality of misery and joy. Buffalo’s “Mom said No” and a special guest yet to be announced will lead into this night. Doors will open at 7:30, the show will start at 8 pm. Click here for tickets & info.
March 2, 2019 … The Sanctuary presents Royal Wood. Singer/songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and producer Royal Wood is establishing himself as a true musical talent – i-Tunes proclaimed him “Songwriter of the Year”. Opening for Royal Wood is the wonderfully talented Valery Gore for some Local Girl Power. Doors will open at 7:30 pm, the show will start at 8 pm. Click here for tickets & info.
March 22, 2019 … The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts presents Michael Glabicki of Rusted Root with Dirk Miller. Rusted Root, the multi-platinum band out of Pittsburgh, evolved around front-man Michael Glabicki’s distinct sound and grew into a musical entity that has thrived in a non-genre specific category all its own. In addition to the two decades with Rusted Root, Glabicki is exploring new sounds and opening new doors with his solo career. He has started touring nationally as a duo with Rusted Root’s guitar player, Dirk Miller, and explains that although he has his roots with Rusted Root, this show is very different. Live, both Michael and Dirk play acoustic and electric and Michael often adds rhythm with a kick drum – creating a much fuller sound and energy than you find with a traditional duo. Tickets for this show are available thru Ticketscene (click here).
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … January 16, 2019 … BoHo Art Party Night – Paint & Party at Trailside Bar & Grill – January 29. It’s always a great night out. No experience necessary. Join your always dynamic host, BoHo Studio’s Deb Mallen, as she guides you and your fun loving friends through two hours of creativity and laughter (+ $5 Martinis & 2 for 1 Apps!!) from 7-9pm. Everything you need to help you create your very own masterpiece will be provided – and you get to take home your new treasure. Tickets are only $25 and tend to sell out rather quickly – to reserve your spots, simply follow the attached link (Click here for tickets & info). See you there. Trailside Bar & Grill is located at 282 Ridge Rd.N., Downtown Ridgeway.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … January 5, 2019 … Robbie Burns Party at Ridgeway Legion – January 27th. “Some hae meat and canna eat, and some wad eat that want it; But we hae meat, and we can eat, Sae let the Lord be thankit” (Robbie Burns). It’s almost time for the annual Robbie Burns Day Party at the Ridgeway Legion! Everyone is welcome to help celebrate with a traditional Scottish dinner including the Haggis. Entertainment before dinner with the Highland Dancers and enjoy the Pipes & Drums after dinner. Tickets only $15.00 pp. For more info contact Barb at 905-380-6094. Ridgeway Legion is located at 228 South Mill St.
• Historic Ridgeway Ont – Here & There … January 3, 2019 … Hope you had a wonderful holiday season – cheers to a fantastic 2019!! It’s going to be another hectic year in Historic Downtown Ridgeway as we get ready for the many exciting family-friendly events & activities to come in the weeks and months ahead. Our annual Easter Egg Hunt, Albino Rhino Beer Festival and Ridgeway Summer Festival are all on the entertainment schedule alongside the Downtown Ridgeway Farmers’ Market, activities hosted by the Fort Erie Arts Council, live music, theatre, art shows, Restaurant Week and much more. Dine, shop and explore Niagara’s hidden gem – Historic Downtown Ridgeway. See you soon!!.