EASTER EGG HUNT … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … April 2020 (TBA)
Easter Egg Hunt – Historic Downtown Ridgeway – It’s time for our annual Downtown Ridgeway Easter Egg Hunt where you can meet the Easter Bunny, hunt for eggs and join in the Scavenger Hunt at Village Square. Basically, it’s bedlam (lol) where age groups; 1-3 years and 4-5 years participate in an egg hunt and 6-10 years participate in a scavenger hunt. Great fun and good treats! Parents, please accompany your children. While you’re here, explore our unique shops, boutiques, eateries and all that Downtown Ridgeway has to offer!
RIDGEWAY FARMERS’ MARKET … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … May 11 – October 19, 2019
It’s a sure sign of summer when Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is open for the season, delighting residents and visitors with just-picked produce, farm specialties like baked goods, maple syrup, honey, VQA wines, plus friendly, knowledgeable advice on how to prepare, store and enjoy their products.
The Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is an outdoor market located along the Friendship Trail in downtown Ridgeway Ontario and is open from 8:00am-1:00pm. The Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is a registered pure Farmers’ Market specializing in local farm fresh produce. Whether you’re looking for produce, gourmet salad greens, herbs, jams, artisan breads, plants, cut flowers, honey, deli meats, cheese, gourmet salad dressings and vinegars or seasonal fruits and berries, you’ll find it all here.
Art by the Market, meanwhile, showcases local artist and artisans throughout the market season.
Meet our Vendors
Farm Products (includes wineries)
- Between the Lines Winery, Niagara-on- the- Lake NEW
- Calico Farm, Wainfleet
- Country Road Brand, Lowbanks
- Green Lane Estate Winery, Vineland NEW
- Haist Farms, Fenwick
- Harvey’s Honey, Port Colborne
- Katharina’s Herbs, St. Catharines NEW
- Keith Hayes’ Farm & Handcrafts, Ridgeway
- Kramer’s Farm, Welland NEW
- Exotic Jelly, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Mystic Meadows, Ridgeway
- Niagara Gardens & Greenhouses, Niagara Falls
- Our Farmacy, (M&M Neufeld Farm), Ridgeway
- Sassafras Farms, Welland NEW
- Riverside Berry Farm, Wellandport
- T & R Jones Farms, Niagara-on- the- Lake
- Viniki Farm & Greenhouses, Niagara-on-the-Lake
Seasonal Farm Products
- Blueberry Knoll, Lowbanks
- B. Gonfa Food, Services, Fort Erie
- Bud’s Kettlecorn, Ridgeway
- Chakra’s Spa & Fitness, Ridgeway
- Euro Deli, Niagara Smoked Meats, Niagara Falls
- Gravelly Bay Coffee, Crystal Beach NEW
- Homestead Bakery, St. Catharines
- Infusions Tea, Fort Erie
- Pastries & Pearls, Welland
- Sweet Potato Johnny, St. Catharines
- Sweet Treats, Ridgeway NEW
- The Little Red Wagon, Crystal Beach NEW
- The Strudel Lady, Grimsby
- Vaticano, Fort Erie NEW
- Creations by Judy & Ethel, Sherkston/St. Catharines
- Dawgongood, Crystal Beach
- Debi’s Originals, Sherkston/Hamilton
- HARDT Designs, Thorold
- Karen’s Custom Collars, Fort Erie
- Lovebee, Ridgeway
- Norfolk & Good Sauces, Stevensville/Ridgeway
For more information about Ridgeway Farmers’ Market:
Mary-Lou Ambrose-Little, Market Supervisor
ART BY THE MARKET … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … May 11 – October 19, 2019 … This is the 7th season for this growing art event, “Art by the Market”. The Art Market takes place on Saturday mornings throughout the spring, summer and fall in downtown Ridgeway.
The Ridgeway Business Improvement Area (RBIA) is sponsoring organization and is running this art event in conjunction with the Farmers’ Market in downtown Ridgeway. The Art Market is now open, weather permitting due to the nature of handmade items and artist’s work, there may be some Saturdays where it is not possible to set up. Hours are 8:00am-1:00pm now until closing day Saturday, October 19, 2019. Vendors will be located along the Friendship Trail, mixed in with market vendors and now in the Village Square. Over 30 Niagara South vendors participating in the Art Market.
Here are some of the full-time vendors you can expect to see at the 2019 Art Market.
- J.’s Creations, Crystal Beach
- BarkArt Design, Ridgeway
- Connie’s Handmade, Fort Erie
- CherryCro, Thorold
- Mug Shots, Crystal Beach
- Earthtone Products, Fort Erie
- Hey It’s Mache, Ridgeway
- Iron Cowgirl Designs, Niagara on the Lake
- Tania’s Creations, Ridgeway
- Tracey’s Fashion Designs & Jewellery, Ridgeway
- Mir Creations, St. Catharines
- Ole Farm Photography, Ridgeway
- Redwood Pottery, Ridgeway
- Rustic Woodworking, Crystal Beach
- Shore Breeze Crafters, Crystal Beach
- Simply Vintage, Welland
- Soothing Petals, Fonthill
- Sumac Hill Creations, Port Colborne
- The Knotted Elephant, Ridgeway
- To Dye For, Fort Erie
- VPF Valarie Portier-Forrester, Crystal Beach
- Wood Signs by Jen, Fort Erie
Day Vendors (attend on occasion)
- Aleksandra Jewellery, Crystal Beach
- I CANTER Artisan Network, Ridgeway
- Sandy’s Soaps, Crystal Beach
- Terry Perrault Wood Creations, Ridgeway
For more information about Art by the Market:
The Ridgeway Summer Festival focuses on family fun and provides entertainment for the whole family. The festival features 75+ artisans, entertainment stages, Kids Zone, fabulous eats provided by downtown restaurants and street vendors to give you a taste of what Ridgeway has to offer. There are pony rides, magicians, clowns, a peddler’s alley, direct sales & commercial vendors, not for profit groups, Saturday night street dance, Sunday car show and each morning a pancake breakfast is served on site by the Ridgeway Lions Club.Contact: Ridgeway Business Improvement Area (RBIA), Ridge Road, Ridgeway, Ontario, L0S 1N0. Ph: 905-329-4190.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.historicridgeway.com
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RidgewayFestivalAndEvents
2019 FALL FESTIVAL … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … October 5, 2019
The annual harvest celebration in partnership with the Ridgeway Farmers’ Market. It’s going to be the best yet as this little festival just keeps growing and growing. Set in historic downtown Ridgeway, the festival celebrates the harvest season in conjunction with local businesses and the Ridgeway Farmers’ Market.
The downtown streets are closed down the street from Elm Street to Hibbard Street for tons of family-friendly seasonal fun and games. Visitors will spend quality time with the family while enjoying the sights & sounds of autumn in Niagara. Admission is free! A family day of fun for the young and young at heart!
The schedule includes,
- Ridgeway Farmers’ Market & Art by the Market (8:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
- Calvin’s Magic Show at the Market (10:00 AM to 10:45 AM)
- Street Eats & Restaurant Treats (10:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- Soups ON Fundraiser (10:00 AM to soups sold out) Come early!
- Pumpkin Painting (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM) All ages!
- Beachcombers Open House (all day)
- Fort Erie Public Library Blue Box Play Area (all day)
- Fort Erie Arts Council Children’s Thanksgiving/Halloween Crafts (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM) All ages!
- Merchant Sidewalk Sales (all day)
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides (11:00 AM to 3:00 PM)
- Ridgeway Express Train Rides (11:00 AM to 3:00 PM)
- Fluffy the Clown (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
- Hannah Flake Violin Sounds around Ridge Road (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
- Live Music in the Ridgeway Village Square (11:00 AM to 4:00 PM) featuring;
· Fort Erie Legion Band (11:00 AM to 12 Noon)
· The Marty Allen Band (12:30 PM to 2:00 PM)
· Strange Tendencies (2:30 PM to 4:00 PM)
· Lincoln Leapers Jump Rope Demonstrations 12 noon & 2:00 PM on Ridge Road
- Last Chance Horse & Pony Rides 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Vendor Booths Downtown, featuring: local artists, artisans, food, commercial business displays, community groups and local not for profit organizations (all day)
- After Party at the Ridgeway Legion with food, fun and music by Gordie McNeil (Elvis) & friends! Upstairs Banquet Hall, 228 South Mill Street (4:00 PM to 7:00 PM)
KIDS HALLOWEEN PARADE … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … October 31, 2019
Celebrate the arrival of the Great Pumpkin with over 600 of Ridgeway’s finest wee ghousties & goblins as they venture out for their annual trick or treat parade – October 31st through Downtown Ridgeway. Watch as munchkins, minions and costumed characters of all sorts descend upon the Downtown Ridgeway business community in search of sugary sweets & treats. Scary stuff to be sure. A long-standing Ridgeway tradition – Happy Halloween!
2019 SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … December 6 & 7, 2019
Celebrate the holiday season’s sights, sounds and small town atmosphere that is Christmas in Historic Downtown Ridgeway. School Choirs, Carriage Rides, photos with Santa, Breakfast with Santa at the Ridgeway Legion, Christmas shopping & more.