EASTER EGG HUNT … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … April 2020 (TBA)
Easter Egg Hunt – Historic Downtown Ridgeway – It’s time for our annual Downtown Ridgeway Easter Egg Hunt where you can meet the Easter Bunny, hunt for eggs and join in the Scavenger Hunt at Village Square. Basically, it’s bedlam (lol) where age groups; 1-3 years and 4-5 years participate in an egg hunt and 6-10 years participate in a scavenger hunt. Great fun and good treats! Parents, please accompany your children. While you’re here, explore our unique shops, boutiques, eateries and all that Downtown Ridgeway has to offer!
RIDGEWAY FARMERS’ MARKET … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … May 11 – October 19, 2019
It’s a sure sign of summer when Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is open for the season, delighting residents and visitors with just-picked produce, farm specialties like baked goods, maple syrup, honey, VQA wines, plus friendly, knowledgeable advice on how to prepare, store and enjoy their products.
The Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is an outdoor market located along the Friendship Trail in downtown Ridgeway Ontario and is open from 8:00am-1:00pm. The Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is a registered pure Farmers’ Market specializing in local farm fresh produce. Whether you’re looking for produce, gourmet salad greens, herbs, jams, artisan breads, plants, cut flowers, honey, deli meats, cheese, gourmet salad dressings and vinegars or seasonal fruits and berries, you’ll find it all here.
Art by the Market, meanwhile, showcases local artist and artisans throughout the market season.
Meet our Vendors
Farm Products (includes wineries)
- Between the Lines Winery, Niagara-on- the- Lake NEW
- Calico Farm, Wainfleet
- Country Road Brand, Lowbanks
- Green Lane Estate Winery, Vineland NEW
- Haist Farms, Fenwick
- Harvey’s Honey, Port Colborne
- Katharina’s Herbs, St. Catharines NEW
- Keith Hayes’ Farm & Handcrafts, Ridgeway
- Kramer’s Farm, Welland NEW
- Exotic Jelly, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Mystic Meadows, Ridgeway
- Niagara Gardens & Greenhouses, Niagara Falls
- Our Farmacy, (M&M Neufeld Farm), Ridgeway
- Sassafras Farms, Welland NEW
- Riverside Berry Farm, Wellandport
- T & R Jones Farms, Niagara-on- the- Lake
- Viniki Farm & Greenhouses, Niagara-on-the-Lake
Seasonal Farm Products
- Blueberry Knoll, Lowbanks
- B. Gonfa Food, Services, Fort Erie
- Bud’s Kettlecorn, Ridgeway
- Chakra’s Spa & Fitness, Ridgeway
- Euro Deli, Niagara Smoked Meats, Niagara Falls
- Gravelly Bay Coffee, Crystal Beach NEW
- Homestead Bakery, St. Catharines
- Infusions Tea, Fort Erie
- Pastries & Pearls, Welland
- Sweet Potato Johnny, St. Catharines
- Sweet Treats, Ridgeway NEW
- The Little Red Wagon, Crystal Beach NEW
- The Strudel Lady, Grimsby
- Vaticano, Fort Erie NEW
- Creations by Judy & Ethel, Sherkston/St. Catharines
- Dawgongood, Crystal Beach
- Debi’s Originals, Sherkston/Hamilton
- HARDT Designs, Thorold
- Karen’s Custom Collars, Fort Erie
- Lovebee, Ridgeway
- Norfolk & Good Sauces, Stevensville/Ridgeway
For more information about Ridgeway Farmers’ Market:
Mary-Lou Ambrose-Little, Market Supervisor
ART BY THE MARKET … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … May 11 – October 19, 2019 … This is the 7th season for this growing art event, “Art by the Market”. The Art Market takes place on Saturday mornings throughout the spring, summer and fall in downtown Ridgeway.
The Ridgeway Business Improvement Area (RBIA) is sponsoring organization and is running this art event in conjunction with the Farmers’ Market in downtown Ridgeway. The Art Market is now open, weather permitting due to the nature of handmade items and artist’s work, there may be some Saturdays where it is not possible to set up. Hours are 8:00am-1:00pm now until closing day Saturday, October 19, 2019. Vendors will be located along the Friendship Trail, mixed in with market vendors and now in the Village Square. Over 30 Niagara South vendors participating in the Art Market.
Here are some of the full-time vendors you can expect to see at the 2019 Art Market.
- J.’s Creations, Crystal Beach
- BarkArt Design, Ridgeway
- Connie’s Handmade, Fort Erie
- CherryCro, Thorold
- Mug Shots, Crystal Beach
- Earthtone Products, Fort Erie
- Hey It’s Mache, Ridgeway
- Iron Cowgirl Designs, Niagara on the Lake
- Tania’s Creations, Ridgeway
- Tracey’s Fashion Designs & Jewellery, Ridgeway
- Mir Creations, St. Catharines
- Ole Farm Photography, Ridgeway
- Redwood Pottery, Ridgeway
- Rustic Woodworking, Crystal Beach
- Shore Breeze Crafters, Crystal Beach
- Simply Vintage, Welland
- Soothing Petals, Fonthill
- Sumac Hill Creations, Port Colborne
- The Knotted Elephant, Ridgeway
- To Dye For, Fort Erie
- VPF Valarie Portier-Forrester, Crystal Beach
- Wood Signs by Jen, Fort Erie
Day Vendors (attend on occasion)
- Aleksandra Jewellery, Crystal Beach
- I CANTER Artisan Network, Ridgeway
- Sandy’s Soaps, Crystal Beach
- Terry Perrault Wood Creations, Ridgeway
For more information about Art by the Market:
2019 RIDGEWAY SUMMER FESTIVAL … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … July 5, 6 & 7, 2019
The 29th Ridgeway Summer Festival is the place to be on Friday, July 5th, Saturday, July 6 & Sunday, July 7th.
Welcome to the 29th Ridgeway Summer Festival. This event focuses on family fun and provides entertainment for the whole family. The festival features 75+ artisans, entertainment stages, Kids Zone, fabulous eats provided by downtown restaurants and street vendors to give you a taste of what Ridgeway has to offer. There are pony rides, magicians, clowns, a peddler’s alley, direct sales & commercial vendors, not for profit groups and each morning a pancake breakfast is served on site by the Ridgeway Lions Club.
Epic Eagles Tribute In Concert – An Evening of The Eagles. Kick off the Ridgeway Summer Festival Friday (July 5) evening with Canada’s Definitive Eagles Tribute Band performing the Greatest Hits of The Eagles. Taking place in Downtown Ridgeway, this is a free event and is presented by RCB Kin Hall.
On Saturday morning the festival runs alongside the Ridgeway Farmers’ Market and Art by the Market in the downtown core with 60+ vendors to visit. The market hours are 8:00am-1:00pm featuring fresh farm products and showcasing the artwork of Niagara’s South Coast.
On Saturday evening the street of downtown Ridgeway will be jammed with music lovers as the party continues in the Village Square featuring live music with Split Second from 7:00-11:00pm. “Street Eats” and local restaurants will be open for your convenience. Ridgeway offers outstanding dining options throughout the year. Enjoy all that historic downtown Ridgeway has to offer. Visit the great boutiques, shops, spas, eateries & services.
On Sunday, a huge car show takes place with well over 400+ vintage and classic cars from around the Region. Show hours are 9:00am-3:00pm. Registration is on-site.
Fort Erie Historical Museum will be joining the Ridgeway Summer Festival (July 6&7) with an exciting new display featuring Crystal Beach Amusement Park. Feed Leo the Lion, get your picture taken in a Laff in the Dark car or in front of a mirror from the Magic Palace. These and other artifacts from the park will be on display during the festival. The Museum’s outdoor midway will feature free games for all ages. Come and share your memories, vote for your favourite ride, watch a video of the park, and jitterbug or jive in a tiny recreation of the Crystal Ballroom. A new Crystal Beach Park photo book and t-shirts will also be featured. Free admission to the Museum exhibits. Fort Erie Historical Museum is located at 402 Ridge Rd.N., Ridgeway.
Ridgeway Summer Festival’s Wrap Up Party is hosted by the Ridgeway Legion Branch #230, 228 South Mill Street beginning at 4:00pm. All are welcome and the party goes rain or shine. This years’ entertainers are Howling Horns and refreshments will be available throughout the party.
This years’ entertainment lineup includes;
- Saturday … Bag of Hats (noon-1:00)
- Saturday … Best Behaviour (1:30-2:30)
- Saturday … Strange Tendency (3:00-4:30)
- Saturday … Sunset Rebels (5:00-6:30)
- Saturday … Amber Reigns (7:00-8:00)
- Saturday … Split Second (Street Dance) (8:30-11:30)
- Sunday … The Procrastinators (noon-1:00)
- Sunday … The Moonlighters (1:30-2:30)
- Sunday … Rebekah Stevens (3:00-4:00)
- Sunday … Howling Horns (4:00 at Ridgeway Legion)
Street Festival Hours:
- Friday, July 5th 7:00-11:30pm Concert on the Square, Village Square featuring Epic Eagles (9:00-11:30) and opening act, Guilty Pleasures (7:00-8:30)
- Saturday, July 6th 10:00am-7:00pm
- Sunday, July 7th 10:00am-4:00pm
Many Thanks To Our Generous Sponsors & Supporters:
- Ridgeway Business Improvement Area (RBIA)
- Fortis Canadian Niagara Power
- Tim Horton’s
- Brock University
- D.W.Howard Realty
- CIBC Mobile – Joanne Cirillo, Mobile Mortgage Advisor
- Employment Professionals Canada
- Fort Erie Economic Development & Tourism Corporation
- Trailside Bar & Grill
- Rich Products of Canada Ltd.
- Blythwood Homes
- CHCH TV
- 91.7 Giant FM & Country 89
- Town of Fort Erie Facilities & Properties staff
- Town of Fort Erie Community Development staff
- Fort Erie Museum (Ridgeway)
- Brad Brunton
- Marge Ott (Broker, Royal Lepage NRC Realty)
Contact: Ridgeway Business Improvement Area (RBIA), Ridge Road, Ridgeway, Ontario, L0S 1N0
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RidgewayFestivalAndEvents
2019 FALL FESTIVAL … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … October 5, 2019
Our annual harvest celebration in partnership with the Ridgeway Farmers’ Market. It’s going to be the best yet as this little festival just keeps growing and growing. We close down the street from Elm Street to Hibbard Street for tons of family-friendly seasonal fun and games. Spend quality time with the family while enjoying the sights & sounds of autumn in Niagara. Admission is free!
Our schedule so far:
- Ridgeway Farmers’ Market & Art by the Market (8:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
- Street Eats (10:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- Fluffy the Clown (10:00 AM to 12 Noon)
- Pumpkin Painting (Ages 3-5 / 11:00 AM to 12 Noon and ages 6-12 / 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
- Merchant Sidewalk Sales (all day)
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides (11:00 AM to 3:00 PM)
- Ridgeway Express Train Rides (11:00 AM to 3:00 PM)
- Live Music in the Ridgeway Village Square (10:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- Pony Rides 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Vendor Booths Downtown, featuring: local artists, artisans, local community groups,
More to be announced in June 2019! Vendor information: email@example.com or talk or text 905-329-4190
KIDS HALLOWEEN PARADE … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … October 31, 2019
Celebrate the arrival of the Great Pumpkin with over 600 of Ridgeway’s finest wee ghousties & goblins as they venture out for their annual trick or treat parade – October 31st through Downtown Ridgeway. Watch as munchkins, minions and costumed characters of all sorts descend upon the Downtown Ridgeway business community in search of sugary sweets & treats. Scary stuff to be sure. A long-standing Ridgeway tradition – Happy Halloween!
2019 SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … December 6 & 7, 2019
Celebrate the holiday season’s sights, sounds and small town atmosphere that is Christmas in Historic Downtown Ridgeway. School Choirs, Carriage Rides, photos with Santa, Breakfast with Santa at the Ridgeway Legion, Christmas shopping & more.