RIDGEWAY FARMERS’ MARKET & ART BY THE MARKET … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY … MAY 6 THRU OCTOBER, 2017
Its Ridgeway Farmers’ Market Time! Genuine local farmers will be at the Ridgeway Farmers’ Market selling farm-fresh foods every Saturday 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM beginning on May 6th!
It’s a sure sign of spring when Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is open for the season, delighting residents and visitors with just-picked produce, farm specialties like baked goods, maple syrup, honey, VQA wines, plus friendly, knowledgeable advice on how to prepare, store and enjoy their products.
Celebrating its 10th Season the Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is an outdoor market located along the Friendship Trail in downtown Ridgeway Ontario. The Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is a registered pure Farmers’ Market specializing in local farm fresh produce.
The vendors at this charming market are all local to the Niagara Region, whether you’re looking for produce, gourmet salad greens, herbs, jams, artisan breads, plants, cut flowers, honey, deli meats, cheese, gourmet salad dressings and vinegars or seasonal fruits and berries, you’ll find it all here.
Local business and community groups in every nook and cranny of Ontario are forming community partnerships with municipal governments and farmers, creating a resurgence in Farmers’ Markets that would make our ancestors proud. Ridgeway is an excellent example of this trend and is offered to the local community by the Ridgeway Business Improvement Area in partnership with the Town of Fort Erie, Art by the Market and many business sponsors.
Art by the Market will also open on May 6th showcasing local artist and artisans throughout the market season. Between the two events, there will be 60+ vendors in downtown Ridgeway each Saturday. Listen for local musicians to showcase their talents each market day!
Downtown Ridgeway is truly the spot to be on Saturdays May to October with much to see and do!
For more information about Ridgeway Farmers’ Market:
Mary-Lou Ambrose-Little, Market Supervisor
289-476-1311 x 5
ALBINO RHINO BEER FESTIVAL … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY … MAY 27, 2017
Historic Downtown Ridgeway proudly welcomes back the 4th Annual Albino Rhino Beer Festival. Savour the varied (and very tasty!) offerings of over 30 Ontario craft breweries and local Ontario eateries. The Beer Festival runs from 11:00am-7:00pm at The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts in Downtown Ridgeway and will take place rain or shine. This is a 19+ event. Camera’s are more than welcome but no outside food or drink please. Come to this laid back non-sponsored beer festival, enjoy your time with like minded beer nerds and lovers and help raise money for the RMHoH. Advance tickets will be available on Ticketscene until Friday, May 26, 2017 4:59 PM unless the event sells out earlier. The Sanctuary Centre for the Arts is located at 209 Ridge Road N., Ridgeway, ON. Cutoff for Advance Ticket Sales: Friday, May 26, 2017 4:59 pm. Click here for tickets & info.
Among this year’s special guests; Brimstone Brewery, Kame & Kettle, Plan B Beerworks, Silversmith Brewing, Oast House Brewers, The Exchange Brewery, Bench Brewing, Nickel Brook Brewing, Highlander Beer Co., Black Swan Brewing, Four Fathers Brewing, Innis & Gunn, And More, Flying Monkeys Brewing Company, Woodhouse Brewing, Collective Arts Brewing, Beau’s All Natural Brewing, Indie Ale House, Wellington Brewery, Ironwood Hard Cider, Anderson Craft Ales, Together We’re Bitter Brewing Co-op, Royal City Brewing, Great Lakes Brewing Company, Mash Paddle Brewing and Junction Craft Brewing.
CONCERTS ON THE RIDGE … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY … JUN 25-AUG 27, 2017
Downtown Ridgeway’s Concerts On The Ridge is returning for another great season. The first presentation in our 2nd Annual outdoor concert series features McPherson’s Rant, June 25th at 7:00pm in Ridgeway Village Square. Bring a lawn chair and a friend and enjoy an evening of great entertainment! Other upcoming presentations include July 23 – The Peace River Band, August 6 – Cameron Lee and Mary Lou Minor & Sideroad 3, August 27 – The Jimmy Marando Swing Band, September 3 – Sunset Rebels. Refreshments are available and goodwill offering will be collected to help in covering the costs of the performances.
FORT ERIE ‘CANADA 150’ CELEBRATIONS – RIDGEWAY ONT – JUNE 30-JULY 2, 2017
Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 230, Ridgeway is “Leading the Charge” to the Town of Fort Erie’s “Official Canada 150 Parade & Heritage Displays” from Friday, June 30th until Sunday, July 2nd, 2017.
We’re planning an exciting weekend featuring a parade, members of the Geronimo Skydiving Team descending to the ground flying the “Largest Canadian Flag, commemorative speeches from dignitaries, a Canada 150 cake, Heritage Displays, walking tours of the Ridgeway Battlefield, a vintage military convoy & displays and more! We’ll keep this page updated so please do check back in from time to time.
RIDGEWAY SUMMER FESTIVAL – JULY 8-JULY 9, 2017
The 2017 Ridgeway Summer Festival takes place July 8th-July 9th and it promises to be the biggest and best one yet where you can shop, dine, play and dance! A full weekend of free family fun and entertainment in Historic Downtown Ridgeway Ont. All weekend long, Ridge Rd.N. will be closed to traffic to make way for artisans, commercial vendors, entertainers, live music and street eats.There will be plenty of artisan, food, beverage and commercial vendors plus Kid’s activities, a Custom Car Show, Lions Pancake Breakfast, live music all weekend, a licensed Concert Area and Food Court at Village Square and our annual Saturday Night Street Dance. Please check in to this page periodically for updates as we get closer to the date.
RIDGEWAY SUMMER FESTIVAL CAR SHOW – JULY 9, 2017
The Ridgeway Summer Festival is once again holding it’s annual, much anticipated Car Show at this year’s event. Now in its 22nd year, the Car Show is expected to attract approximately 300 cars to Historic Downtown Ridgeway. Registration and the show will be held Sunday, July 9th from 8:00am until 3:00pm or whenever things break up. For participants, there is no registration fee and the first 250 cars will receive a metal commemorative sign!
- Sponsors for this year’s show include:
- MJ Signcraft
- S&G Automotive
- Billy Bones BBQ
- Aneta Pizzeria
- Erie Collision
- Finish Line Niagara
- South Coast Garage Doors
- Grace Church Sherkston, ON
RIDGEWAY TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY – NOVEMBER 25, 2016
The Ridgeway Spirit of Christmas Festival gets underway Friday, November 25th at 7:00pm with the lighting of the Spirit of Christmas Tree & Ridgeway Village Square. The festival is a celebration of the holiday season that will feature, on December 2nd & 3rd, merchant specials, horse & carriage rides, children’s choirs, contests, decorated storefront windows at participating shops & boutiques.
Explore our shops, admire the decorations, stop in at any one of our fine restaurants and cafes for a bite and enjoy Niagara Region’s small town Christmas atmosphere in Downtown Ridgeway.
Scroll Down For ‘Spirit of Christmas’ Merchant Specials
DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ‘DICKENS-STYLE OPEN HOUSE’ – DECEMBER 2&3, 2016
The Ridgeway Spirit of Christmas culminates this weekend with our annual ‘Dickens Style Open House – 2 days of family-friendly fun and activities including horse & carriage rides, choir performances by local school children, free photos with Santa Claus, face painting, a spectacular Fort Erie Arts Council Christmas display & activities, Fort Erie Historical Museum Exhibit & Book Signing and much more! An old-fashioned group hug and many thanks to our sponsors & partners including;
- 91.7 Giant FM & Country 89 FM
- Answers Computer Services, 266 Ridge Rd.N.,
- BOHO Art Gallery, 287 Ridge Rd.N.,
- Brimstone Brewing Company, 209 Ridge Rd.N.,
- Downtown Dollar & Discount Store , 336 Ridge Rd.N.,
- Employment Professionals Canada, 1220 Garrison Rd. Fort Erie,
- Flying Squirrel Coffee Lounge, 238 Ridge Rd.N.,
- Grapes on the Ridge , 3707 Hibbard St.,
- JB Pro Sound, 1005 Garrison Rd., Fort Erie
- J.E. Harper & Co. , 314 Ridge Rd.N.,
- Lakeside Books & Art, 341 Ridge Rd.N.
- Lasting Impressions, 327 Ridge Road N.
- Marcus Antaya/Pandor Productions, 186 Merritt St., Unit 4, St.Catharines
- Marge Ott, Broker, Royal Lepage Niagara Real Estate Centre, Brokerage
- Ridgeway Crystal Beach Kinsmen
- Schmittz ‘N’ Gigglez , 300 Ridge Rd.N.
- Trailside Bar & Grill, 282 Ridge Rd.N.
- Unique Creations Artisans Outlet, 304 Ridge Rd.N.
- Wild Daisies Consignment Clothing, 333 Ridge Rd.N.
- Work of Art Frame Shop, 329 Ridge Rd.N.
- Special Thanks to Our Amazing Team of Volunteers!!
Here’s a look at our schedule of activities so far.
December 2, 2016
- 5:00-7:30pm: Photos with Santa at Boggio & Edwards IDA, 307 Ridge Rd.N.
- 5:15-7:15pm: Children’s Choirs at Pacific Productions, 344 Ridge Rd.N.
* St.George’s Catholic School (5:15-5:45)
* John Brant Public School Jr. (6:00-6:30)
* John Brant Public School Sr. (6:45-7:15)
- 5:00-9:00pm: Horse & Carriage Rides through Downtown Ridgeway
- 5:00-9:00pm: Fort Erie Arts Council Christmas Display & Children’s Activities at Trailside Bar & Grill, 282 Ridge Rd.N.
- 5:00-9:00pm: Free Hot Chocolate at Royal Lepage, 318 Ridge Rd.N.
- 5:00-9:00pm: John Brant Public School’s 1st Annual One Stop Christmas Shop, 143 Ridge Rd.N.
- 5:00-9:00pm: “Made In Fort Erie” Exhibit at Fort Erie Museum, 402 Ridge Rd.N.
- 5:00-9:00pm: J.E.Harper & Company Travel Supply – Colouring Christmas Around The World, 314 Ridge Rd.N.
- 5:00-9:00pm: Hot Cider at Ridgeway Wellness Centre, 355 Ridge Rd.N.
- 5:00-9:00pm: Annual Cookie Decorating at Sweet Dreams Ice Cream Parlour and Stewart’s Fried Chicken, 367 Ridge Rd.N.
- 5:00-9:00pm: People’s Memorial United Church hosts an Open House with hot cider, music and sanctuary tours. Located at the corner of Dominion & Ridge Rd.N.
- 5:30-8:00pm: Face Painting at Brodie’s Drug Store, 315 Ridge Rd.N.
- 6:00-8:00pm: Book signing with Jane Davies & Jude Scott, authors of the new release, “First Hand Accounts of the Battle of Ridgeway” at Fort Erie Museum, 402 Ridge Rd.N.
- 7:00-8:00pm: The Basement Rockers live at The Sanctuary, 209 Ridge R.N
- 7:00-9:00pm: Craft Sale & Free Hot Chocolate at Beachcombers Senior Citizens Centre, 237 Ridge Rd.N.
December 3, 2016
- 8:30-11:00am: Breakfast with Santa Claus at Ridgeway Legion Branch 230, 228 South Mill St.
- 11:00am-2:00pm: Cookie Decorating with Mrs.Claus at Ridgeway Legion Branch 230, 228 South Mill St.
- 11:00am-3:00pm: J.E.Harper & Company Travel Supply – Colouring Christmas Around The World, 314 Ridge Rd.N.
- 11:00am-3:00pm: Horse & Carriage Rides through Downtown Ridgeway
- 11:00am-3:00pm: Visit with Santa at Ridgeway Village Square
- 11:00am-3:00pm: Fort Erie Arts Council Christmas Display & Children’s Activities, 282 Ridge Rd.N.
- 11:00am-3:00pm: “Made In Fort Erie” Exhibit at Fort Erie Museum, 402 Ridge Rd.N.
- 11:00am-3:00pm: Annual Cookie Decorating at Sweet Dreams Ice Cream Parlour and Stewart’s Fried Chicken, 367 Ridge Rd.N.
- 12:00-2:00pm:“Vintage Blend Barbershop Quartet” at Village Square & around Downtown Ridgeway
- 12:00-3:00pm: Children’s Choirs at Pacific Productions, 344 Ridge Rd.N.
* Greetings from Mayor Wayne Redekop (11:45am)
* Ridgeway Crystal Beach HS (12:00-12:30)
* Stevensville Public School (12:45-1:15)
* Fort Erie SS (1:30-2:00)
‘Spirit of Christmas’ Merchant Holiday Specials
- A Renaissance Woman
301 Ridge Rd.N., Ridgeway ON
Dec.2/3: Exclusive to our Ridgeway location, come celebrate with us as we join in the festivities of the Season with extended trading hours from 10:00-7:00 both Friday & Saturday December 2nd & 3rd …. Come shop our amazing deals … 20% off Jewellery & Furs and a HUGE 50% off anything else of your choice. Light refreshments will be served all day, so come out and enjoy. Marlene, Monica, Autumn & Robert will be on hand to help you.
- BOHO Studio
287 Ridge Rd.N., Ridgeway ON
Dec.2: 5:00-9:00pm / Dec.3: 11:00am-3:00pm. BoHoHoHo Artsy Gift Gallery Open House. Outdoor fireside, hot chocolate and holiday music … lots of affordable original art items!
- Downtown Dollar Store
336 Ridge Rd.N., Ridgeway ON
Dec.4: Front Porch Christmas Open House. No tax for cash. Santa in da house!! On from noon-4:00pm.
- The Frugal Dutchman
356 Ridge Rd.N., Ridgeway ON
3-4-5 until the end of December. Selected items are $2 each or 3 for $5. Buy 20 items – pay only $20.
- Mindz ‘n Transit
289 Ridge Rd.N., Ridgeway ON
Dec.3: 11:00am-3:00pm. Life Path and Purpose Intuitive Readings with the Tarot. Special – $30 / (reg. $50)
- Three Ferrises Boutique
311 Ridge Rd.N., Ridgeway ON
Dec.2: 10:00am-9:00pm / Dec.3: 10:00am-5:30pm: A Canadian and European inspired Boutique. Free artisan-style gift wrapping + TAX FREE SHOPPING!
- Thrive – Mind, Body & Soul
246 Ridge Rd.N., Rudgeway ON
Dec.3: 11:00am-3:00pm: Mini readings with Rev. Ellen Bourne. $25
- Unique Creations Artisans Outlet
304 Ridge Rd.N., Ridgeway ON
Dec.4: Open House featuring discounts from several artisans, draw prizes and treats from The Kitchen. On from 11:00am-4:00pm.