EASTER EGG HUNT … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … April 2020 (TBA)
Easter Egg Hunt – Historic Downtown Ridgeway – It’s time for our annual Downtown Ridgeway Easter Egg Hunt where you can meet the Easter Bunny, hunt for eggs and join in the Scavenger Hunt at Village Square. Basically, it’s bedlam (lol) where age groups; 1-3 years and 4-5 years participate in an egg hunt and 6-10 years participate in a scavenger hunt. Great fun and good treats! Parents, please accompany your children. While you’re here, explore our unique shops, boutiques, eateries and all that Downtown Ridgeway has to offer!
RIDGEWAY FARMERS’ MARKET … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … 2020 Dates TBA
It’s a sure sign of summer when Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is open for the season, delighting residents and visitors with just-picked produce, farm specialties like baked goods, maple syrup, honey, VQA wines, plus friendly, knowledgeable advice on how to prepare, store and enjoy their products.
The Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is an outdoor market located along the Friendship Trail in downtown Ridgeway Ontario and is open from 8:00am-1:00pm. The Ridgeway Farmers’ Market is a registered pure Farmers’ Market specializing in local farm fresh produce. Whether you’re looking for produce, gourmet salad greens, herbs, jams, artisan breads, plants, cut flowers, honey, deli meats, cheese, gourmet salad dressings and vinegars or seasonal fruits and berries, you’ll find it all here.
ART BY THE MARKET … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … 2020 Dates TBA … The Art Market takes place on Saturday mornings throughout the spring, summer and fall in downtown Ridgeway.
The Ridgeway Business Improvement Area (RBIA) is sponsoring organization and is running this art event in conjunction with the Farmers’ Market in downtown Ridgeway. The Art Market is now open, weather permitting due to the nature of handmade items and artist’s work, there may be some Saturdays where it is not possible to set up. Hours are 8:00am-1:00pm now until closing day Saturday, October 19, 2019. Vendors will be located along the Friendship Trail, mixed in with market vendors and now in the Village Square. Over 30 Niagara South vendors participating in the Art Market.
The Ridgeway Summer Festival focuses on family fun and provides entertainment for the whole family. The festival features 75+ artisans, entertainment stages, Kids Zone, fabulous eats provided by downtown restaurants and street vendors to give you a taste of what Ridgeway has to offer. There are pony rides, magicians, clowns, a peddler’s alley, direct sales & commercial vendors, not for profit groups, Saturday night street dance, Sunday car show and each morning a pancake breakfast is served on site by the Ridgeway Lions Club.Contact: Ridgeway Business Improvement Area (RBIA), Ridge Road, Ridgeway, Ontario, L0S 1N0. Ph: 905-329-4190.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.historicridgeway.com
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RidgewayFestivalAndEvents
2020 FALL FESTIVAL … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … October, 2020 (TBA)
The annual harvest celebration in partnership with the Ridgeway Farmers’ Market. It’s going to be the best yet as this little festival just keeps growing and growing. Set in historic downtown Ridgeway, the festival celebrates the harvest season in conjunction with local businesses and the Ridgeway Farmers’ Market.
The downtown streets are closed down the street from Elm Street to Hibbard Street for tons of family-friendly seasonal fun and games. Visitors will spend quality time with the family while enjoying the sights & sounds of autumn in Niagara. Admission is free! A family day of fun for the young and young at heart!
KIDS HALLOWEEN PARADE … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … October 31, 2020
Celebrate the arrival of the Great Pumpkin with over 600 of Ridgeway’s finest wee ghousties & goblins as they venture out for their annual trick or treat parade – October 31st through Downtown Ridgeway. Watch as munchkins, minions, super heroes and costumed characters of all sorts descend upon Ridgeway in search of sugary sweets & treats. A long-standing Ridgeway tradition – Happy Halloween!
2019 SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL … HISTORIC DOWNTOWN RIDGEWAY ONT … December 6 & 7, 2019
Celebrate the holiday season’s sights, sounds and small town atmosphere that is Christmas in Historic Downtown Ridgeway. School Choirs, Carriage Rides, photos with Santa, Ball Hockey tournament, Breakfast with Santa at the Ridgeway Legion, Christmas shopping & more. Times and activities will be announced as soon as they become available.
- Friday, December 6th
- Mayor Wayne Redekop welcomes everyone at 4:15 at the Village Square
- John Brant Public School One Stop Christmas Shop. As part of this year’s Downtown Ridgeway ‘Spirit of Christmas’ festivities, John Brant Public School invites you to come and shop with direct sale vendors, crafters, bakers and much more. The event takes place from 5:00-9:00pm at the school, 143 Ridge Rd.N., Downtown Ridgeway.
- From 4:30 to 9:30, we will have 9 different school choirs singing, right in the heart of Ridgeway, in Village Square
- Fire pits will line Ridge Road, waiting for you to roast marshmallows and warm up!
- Retail window reveals
- Paw Patrol characters will be walking around to greet everyone
- Beachcombers Hot Chocolate and Mini Bazaar. While you enjoy Ridgeway’s “Spirit of Christmas”, be sure to pop into Beachcombers from 6:00pm on for a free hot chocolate and check out the winter craft table. Beachcombers is located at 237 Ridge Rd.N., Downtown Ridgeway.
- And of course … Santa & Mrs. Claus!
- Our downtown stores will be open for Christmas shopping until 9 or 10!
- Saturday, December 7th
- Join your friends at the Ridgeway Legion from 8:30-10:30am for a pancake breakfast with Santa, plus there will be treats for all children attending. Cost for Breakfast with Santa is only $5. Ridgeway Legion is located at 228 South Mill St. Ridgeway.
- 1st annual ball hockey tournament being played on two rinks on Ridge Road from 8 am – about 6pm
- Come watch an ice sculptor work their magic at DW Howard from 12 noon – 4 pm
- All downtown shops and stores will be open!
- Stop in for some Christmas cheer at our fabulous restaurants and stores ALL DAY!
• Spirit of Christmas Ball Hockey Tournament. Game on!! So how cool is this. We’ve added a new spectacle to our Spirit of Christmas celebrations coming up December 6 & 7 in Historic Downtown Ridgeway. Taking place Saturday, December 7th from 10:00am-4:00pm, it’s our first ever Ball Hockey Tournament. We’ll have two asphalt rinks set up on Ridge Road for this round-robin tournament featuring Youth and Adult Divisions. The tournament will consist of a three game minimum, single elimination playoffs. The entry fee is only $60 per team. For more information or to register a team call 905-894-2364, message us or email us at RidgewayHockey@gmail.com.