2018 Art by the Market up for another great season starting May 5th!
The Ridgeway Art Market offers the Niagara South community an opportunity to purchase artwork and high end handcraft products from our local artists and artisans. The event began as a pilot project in 2014 and has blossomed into a wonderful showcase of local arts. The purpose of the art market is to provide a community marketplace that encourages art lovers to support “a local artist”.
The Ridgeway’s Art by the Market is operated by the Ridgeway Business Improvement Area.
Art by the Market operates Saturday mornings May 5 to October 13, 2018 with hours from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. The art market is located along the Friendship Trail adjacent to the Municipal Parking Lot in Downtown Ridgeway and across the street from Ridgeway’s Village Square. It is now a partner event with the farmers’ market. In 2017 some artists will be integrated into the farmers’ market to bring these two great events together.
Throughout the season, special art events will be held in the Village Square so watch local Facebook Pages for the details.
Do note that Art by the Market does operate on a weather permitting basis. Our artists devote many hours to create works and they are fragile and would be damaged. On average in the previous four years, three Saturdays per season have had to be cancelled due to inclement weather.
Returning Artist for 2018 include:
- Artfully Crafted –banners and handcrafted creations
- Boho Studio – fine arts and mixed media
- Bark Art Designs – bark inspired creations such as jewellery
- Earthtone Products – books featuring local history
- Esa’s Art Gallery – fine arts
- Mir Creations – recycled sweater mittens, jeans and purses
- Nifty Thrifty Design – repurposed furniture and household decorator items
- Ole Farm Photography – photography featuring local heritage barns
- Papa Jim’s Woodcraft –bird house, tables, drink coolers,
- Sandy’s Soaps – natural soaps and creams
- Simply Vintage – macramé, custom jewellery
- Terry Woodwork Creations – furniture, desk and other household wood products
- To Dye For – personalized tye dye items
- Valarie Forrester – fine arts and mixed media
- D & V Embroidery Designs – personalized embroidered items
If you are an artist or artisan and would like more information, we want to hear from you! We continue to look for local vendors. Please provide a brief description of your products, pictures and a brief bio on your art history. For information call: 289-476-1311 x 5 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org